1. The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) has announced 100 Scholarships slots under ICCR Scholarship Scheme for Indian Culture at Indian Universities / Institutes for the academic year 2022-23.
2. The applications from interested international students for the academic year 2022-23 will be invited online through ICCR's A2A Scholarship Portal http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in , which will be operational from 25th January 2022. The last date of application to be submitted by students is30 April 2022.
3. To ensure a high standard, the universities/institutes with accreditation of NAAC (A and above) rating / NIRF (rank between 1 - 150) are listed on A2A Scholarship Portal for admission of foreign students through ICCR.
4. Applicants are advised to directly send their applications to the respective universities.
5. Applicants have the option to apply to 5 universities/institutes in the order of their preference of study. The admission, as far as possible, shall be given as per the applicant's preference. However, there may be a scenario when students do not get admission to their preferred universities/institutes due to the limited number of seats on offer. Students should therefore be prepared to receive admission from any of their five preferences.
6. Interested students are advised to visit the respective university/institute website regularly to see courses offered, eligibility criteria and, general information about the university/institute before applying for admission. The students should ensure that they are eligible for the course and meet the eligibility criteria and should submit relevant documentation as required by the Universities, in addition to the basic certificates mentioned in the application form. They are also advised to refer to the University’s Handbook / University Grants Commission's website etc.
7. For Academic Year 2022-23, a 500-word essay in English has been introduced to ascertain English proficiency. Besides, students can also submit their TOFEL / IELTS, etc. Standardised Test scores, if available. The universities/institutes may also conduct interviews of the applicants online if so required. Rejected candidates will be intimated by the university directly.
8. ICCR has introduced disbursement of all scholarship payments to students through the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) and is a direct payment to beneficiaries.
9. Under the scholarship, successful students will be provided with return economy class airfares to the nearest airport and 3rd AC Train fare to the place of study, if so required.
10. Applicants must be over 18 years of age at the time of admission in the Indian universities/institutes and not more than 30 years of age.
11. It is compulsory for all ICCR scholarship students to procure medical insurance policy with a minimum sum assured for Indian Rupees Five Lakhs per annum (US$6500 approx). The medical insurance coverage can be done either by themselves before travel or immediately after reaching India. Students can purchase medical insurance from any of the insurance companies of their choice. However to facilitate students, A2A Portal has two insurance companies for referral purposes. The revised forms are uploaded on the A2A Portal.
12. Foreign students are advised to stay in the campus hostel, if available. However, students are allowed to stay in private accommodation if the concerned institute does not insist on staying in their hostel.
13. Detailed guidelines on the process of applying for ICCR Scholarships are available on the A2A Portal.
14. Kindly note that ICCR may amend some provisions of scholarships from time to time and it is incumbent on students to accept the revised norms.
15. Those interested to apply for the scholarship are advised to carefully select their university/institution and the course they intend to pursue. For clarification, you may please contact Mr. R. Venugopal, Second Secretary (Cul), Embassy of India, Brasilia at culture.brasiliamea.gov.in