1. The Government of India has restored the five-year e-tourist visa to nationals of 156 countries (including Brazil) with immediate effect.
2. Nationals of these 156 countries will also be eligible for the issuance of fresh e-tourist visas. Currently, valid regular (paper) tourist visa with a validity of 5 years, issued to foreign nationals of all countries, which remained suspended since March 2020, stand restored.
3. The nationals of the eligible countries (including Brazil) can also apply for fresh regular (paper) tourist visas up to five years of validity subject to the restrictions imposed from time to time.
4. The foreign nationals on tourist and e-tourist visas will be able to enter into India only through designated Sea Immigration Check Posts (IPs) or Airport ICPs by flights, including those under the 'Vande Bharat Mission or 'air bubble' scheme or by any flights as allowed by the DGCA or Ministry of Civil Aviation. In no case, the foreign nationals will be allowed to enter through the land border or riverine routes on a tourist visa or e-tourist visa. Order for the opening of Land ICPs and riverine routes will be communicated separately.
5. These instructions will not be applicable to Afghanistan nationals who will continue to be governed by the separate instructions issued by MHA regarding the grant of e-Emergency X-Misc. Visa.
6. The Government’s scheme to grant visa/e-visa (one month stay) to the first five lakh foreign tourists on a gratis basis will also continue till further instructions.
7. In respect of quarantine and all other health / COVID-19 related matters, extant guidelines of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare shall be adhered to.