1. The Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, will chair an interaction with global oil and gas CEOs on 26 October 2020 jointly organized by NITI Aayog and Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
2. Being a part of Government of India’s unique global outreach, the Roundtable will be an interactive dialogue of Hon’ble Prime Minister with CEOs oftop energy companies, including from Oil &Gas sector, on policy, projects, initiatives of the Government of India and investment opportunities pertaining to the entire oil and gas sector value chain in India. The global leaders and CEOs participating in the event include Secretaries General of International Energy Forum (IEF), OPEC and Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF), Executive Director of International Energy Agency (IEA), and CEOs of Rosneft, BP, Total, Lyondell Basell, Tellurian, Schlumberger, Baker Hughes, Novatek, JERA, Emerson, X-Coal, Air Products, Freeport LNG, Oil & gas Climate Initiatives, Wood Mackenzie, and also Chairpersons/CMDs of India’s oil and gas industry from private and public sector.
3. Prior to the interaction with global oil & gas CEOs, Hon’ble Prime Minister will also inaugurate the India Energy Forum by CERAweek being held under the patronage of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas on 26 October 2020. The inaugural session will also include welcome remarks by Hon’ble Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, and also participation of H.E. Mr. Dan Brouillette, US Secretary of Energy and HRH Prince Abdulaziz, Minister of Energy of Saudi Arabia. The presence of US and Saudi Arabia underlines the importance attached by them to the strategic partnership in the energy sector with India.Dr. Daniel Yergin, Vice Chairman, IHS Markit will be anchoring the event.
4. The CERAWeek organized in Houston every year in March is considered the ‘Davos of Energy’. At the initiative of Hon’ble Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas, for the first time CERAWeek was organized in a Regional Format, as India Energy Forum-CERAWeek, in New Delhi in October 2017. This has now become an annual event and has earned a great repute as a Forum not just for India but for the entire Asia and beyond to deliberate on the significant changes taking place in the energy landscape.
5. This event has also become a platform for global energy majors to deliberate on the fast-changing energy dynamic in our country, and to contextualize it with the global developments. The Forum also helped to attract global oil and gas majors to announce their plans for engaging with India.
6. The India Energy Forum by CERAWeek has evolved over the last few years into one of the most influential events of energy being held in the country.
7. Being held from 26-28 October 2020, the event will have the participation of US Secretary of Energy, Minister of Energy of Saudi Arabia, CEOs of global energy companies, and also convene an international group of speakers and delegates as well as a community of over 2000 delegates from India and regional energy companies, energy-related industries, institutions and governments.