1. India is celebrating its 75 years of Independence ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ during 2021-22. To commemorate the same, Government of India has planned to showcase various National events and achievements across the Nation. As part of this endeavour, the National Cadet Corps (NCC), a premier youth organisation of India, on behalf of the Government of India, has extended invitations to similar youth organizations from 25 different countries covering all continents, for the Republic Day Camp to be held in India in Jan 2022. Youth from Brazil have also been invited for participating in this camp as India and Brazil share a strong strategic partnership.
2. The National Cadet Corps (NCC) is the largest uniformed youth organisation in the world and functions under MoD, India. The genesis of the corps can be traced to the period of the First World War, when the British created a ‘University Corps’ aimed at harnessing the youth of India to meet their ever-increasing requirement of manpower in the Armed Forces. The visionary Indian leaders of the freedom movement era also clearly recognised the importance of grooming the youth of the country. NCC conditions the youth of the country to be disciplined, mentally robust and physically tough. The ethos and value system in NCC fosters an environment which develops character, comradeship, discipline, leadership and a secular outlook. It instills values of respect for diversities in religions, language, culture and ethnicity. The organisation is touching the lives of millions of youths and producing ‘ideal citizens’ for the country. It has proved to be a compelling medium for “National Integration”, bringing the youth from across the country on a common platform and channelizing their potential to build a Great Nation.
3. The objective of the Youth Exchange Program (YEP) is to ensure aspirational participation of selected youth from the 25 countries and provide a platform for all to interact with the Indian youth, to get a first-hand experience of the diverse culture and heritage of India and to witness the development and progress made by the country just 75 years of Independence. The participants will also get the opportunity to interact with youth of other countries. Since the visiting youth delegations will be the State Guests, all expenditures, including air fare (to and fro) from India, travel within India, boarding, lodging and visits to various destinations will be fully borne by the Government of India.
4. The visit program will be from 16 January to 29 January 2022 (duration of 14 Days). During the visit, the youth visiting India will be attending important National events like the Republic Day and Prime Minister Rally, visiting places of Historical and Cultural interest like Vadodara, Agra and Jaipur and interacting with top dignitaries which include the Hon’ble President and Hon’ble Prime Minister of India. The youth will also be exposed to events like Yoga and Ayurveda. MoD, Brazil has accepted the invitation for participation and 10 youth (with gender equality) and two supervisors are expected to be part of the delegation which would be visiting India.
5. With the relations between both the countries getting stronger by the day, such exchange programmes could be instrumental in shaping young minds of both countries by exposing them to the rich and diverse heritage of our cultures, which would enable better understanding of each other and would also help in developing deeper and stronger relations in the future.
Watch National Cadet Corps (NCC) Youth Exchange Programme (2022) Video at https://youtu.be/-HFNPFHL13Q