The Indian Chamber of Commerce is organizing the 14th edition of its flagship initiative, the “India Energy Summit” on 24th & 25th February 2021 on web platform.
2. The India Energy Summit (IES), initiated by the ICC thirteen years ago, has succeeded in achieving the recognition of being one of India’s most comprehensive and well represented energy events. Energy entities and States like Gujarat, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Chhattisgarh, Punjab, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and others have been actively participating and supporting this initiative right since its inception.
3. The business of energy, whether, it is electricity, petroleum or natural gas, is an economic activity. It cannot be viable unless there is efficiency, prompt payment mechanism and assurance of quality of service to consumers. The energy business has to run on strict commercial principles, thereby ensuring the entry of the best players, good technology and assured quality of services to the consumers and enforcement of the same, through the appropriate regulatory mechanism, backed by legislation. The recent moves by the Government of India, have given a definite indication that the government intends to bring quality, sound business and economics and entry of private sector into the supply and distribution of electricity and gas to the consumers. The event intends to bring forth, a free and frank discussion on aspects of improving efficiency, commercial viability and the best technology in the distribution sector of energy.
4. The objective of this Summit is to provide a platform to the energy industry, to explore different opportunities that the energy transition and transformation has unleashed for the sector, as well as the impediments. India’s goal, is to move towards cleaner energy, more efficient delivery and a win-win situation for the businesses, the consumers and the environment.
5. The Summit will focus on:
- Automation and Cyber Security in Electricity Dispatch and Distribution
- Innovation in Power Distribution for the Right Energy Mix and Viability
- Promoting Competition for Better Consumer Services
- Integration of Renewable Energy Through Smart Metering and “Prosumers”
- Augmentation of National, Regional & State Gas Grids
- Round Table on Disaster Management- “Black Swan” Events and Pandemics
6. The two day event will involve:
- Sessions on Technical Aspects and Policy Discussions
- Presence of Senior Government Officials, Policy Makers and eminent Industry Players
- Presentation of Best State Power Utility Awards
- Presentation of 8th Innovation with Impact Awards for Discoms (Private & Public Sector)
- Release of Exclusive Knowledge Report on Indian Energy
7. It is our pleasure to inform you that Mr Anil Razdan, Former Union Power Secretary has kindly consented to Chair the Summit this year
8. Register in advance for this webinar: