Notarization of Affidavits/Power of Attorney
Notarization of Affidavits/Power of Attorney :
Applicants may apply for attestation of Power of Attorney/Wills or similar documents requiring notarization
This type of attestation/authentication service has to be applied at the Embassy counter only.
Documents required:- The following documents must be furnished for seeking such attestation / notarization service:-
- Copy of Misc. Consular Service Application Form
- Copy of the Indian passport/OCI card (first and last page) of the applicant
- Original passport must be produced for verification of identity
- Two copies of the Affidavit / Power of Attorney / Will etc. requiring attestation / authentication (one to be retained for office records, while one shall be returned after authentication)
Applicants are advised to take following precaution while furnishing Affidavits / Power of Attorney / Wills etc. for attestation:-
- All person, including executant and witnesses etc. who are required to sign on Affidavit / Power of Attorney / Will etc. must be appear in person and sign on the document in presence of the Consular Staff of the Embassy;
- All signatories must produce original passport/OCI card and furnish a copy of thereof for records;
- No page or space should be left blank in such a document at the time of attestation;
- A recent colour photograph should be affixed by the executant.